For Students Enrolled in Joyful Belly Ayurveda Certification Courses Only!
This book is a reference guide for working with clients to improve their digestive health and wellness using Ayurveda, and to ensure that your clients get the best results possible in working with you. This manual is meant to equip you with reference materials to confidently begin working with clients. It will help you effectively assess digestive imbalances and educate clients about digestive health and wellness in a consultation. It also contains sample paperwork you may need along with assessment guidelines for each aspect of digestion. As you begin your practice, you will naturally adapt this information to fit your style and area of specialization, and in accordance with local, state and federal laws
This book provides a comprehensive list of what you need to consider as you begin your practice and provides you with
- Legalities, liability, scope of practice, when to refer out
- Sample forms, waivers, emails, note taking tips and information organization strategies
- An outline of how to structure consultations with your clients
- Assessment outline for each aspect of digestion
- List of GI tests to consider for digestive pathologies
- Useful diet, lifestyle, herbs and exercises to restore balance
This book aims to guide you through the entire consultation process from initial consultation to follow ups and support through a step by step process. Having a process ensures consistency and high quality results.
- Preparation - Questions clients complete prior to consult
- Assessment - Assessment criteria for every aspect of digestion. You are meant to follow the same assessment outline with each client, to ensure comprehensive results. Of course, you will pay particular attention to those areas where the client needs more support, and less attention to other areas as needed to efficiently provide your service.
- Recommendations - In each assessment area, we provide lists of important resources for balance:
- Herbs and herb formulas to consider for specific conditions
- GI testing your client should consider for comprehensive assessment of digestive pathologies
- Body treatments to improve digestion
- Follow up - Exercises for clients after the appointment
This book does not attempt to teach clinical assessment, but assumes you already have a basic familiarity with ayurvedic assessment of digestion. Instead, this book provides a comprehensive outline and a process that you can use when meeting with clients that have digestive disorders. It aims to establish best practices for ayurvedic assessment of digestion, to improve existing knowledge of the practitioner, and to prevent omissions in your consultations. We have deliberately chosen an bullet point & outline format to achieve 'this purpose.
- If you need help, have feedback, or have a question for Customer Service
, contact us.
- Would you like to tell us about a