Gently wash away mucous, dust, pollen, and irritants. A nasal wash can be as routine as brushing your teeth.
Ayurveda recommends washing your sinuses daily in the morning and before bed with a neti pot. This lightweight, ecologically friendly neti pot is made out of ceramic.
- Remove excess mucus due to congestion.
- Rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens.
- Cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants.
- Relieve nasal dryness due to air travel.
- Improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques.
Sometimes, a wound won't heal until it's cleaned. Ayurveda specializes in cleaning hard to reach places, like your sinuses. Warm, damp sinus tissue may remain chronically infected until they are cleaned out with neti pot.
To use a neti pot, mix 1/8tsp of salt into 1c of water. Then tilt the head to the side and pour the saline solution into your nose. Let the fluid drain out of the mouth. Ayurveda even mixed herbs into neti pot formulas, for stronger affect. Anti-microbial herbs can help kill bacteria and virus. Herbs can help stimulate the circulation (turmeric) and mucus production (triphala) in nasal passages, effectively flushing the sinuses out. Here is an example herb formula that you can put directly into your neti pot:
SUGGESTED USEUse daily in morning and evening. or as directed by your practitioner.
INCLUDED INAyurvedic Lifestyle Starter Kit
TRADITIONALLY INDICATED FOR THESE SYMPTOMS
Neti Pot may be beneficial for these symptoms. The suitability of any product for a condition is highly dependent on the individual.
Please see your doctor before using this product to treat a medical condition.
- If you need help, have feedback, or have a question for Customer Service
, contact us.
- Would you like to tell us about a