Discover Your Emotions
Feeling uneasy or fearful? Stress, anxiety, and emotional trauma can freeze the digestive tract, inhibit belly circulation, and disrupt the ability to make intuitive decisions. A healthy, tranquil gut bolsters identity and a sense of mission, facilitates feelings of security, and can soothe confusion. In this unique digestive health workshop, the adage trust your gut takes on a new dimension. We all are familiar with gut feelings. That term is not just an expression, but a crucial barometer of health.
What is anxiety and where does it come from? Have you ever felt "butterflies in your belly"? Do you feel nauseous in certain situations? Your 'gut brain' interprets threatening situations and trauma. Everyone encounters a wide range of experiences and your emotional responses to these experiences strongly influences the outcomes. Your gut feelings influence your decisions, and shape your life. They are the thread that binds your life story, and the substance of relationships, security, passions, and goals. But if these feelings are so important, why are they hard to understand sometimes? Why are these important emotions difficult to manage in trying times? Why can it be so challenging to even identify the power of our feelings?
You may have recognized these feelings are difficult to manage on your own. A proactive, guided approach is needed to discover more resilience and strength. This lecture series offers the guidance for self-discovery, illuminating your emotional world, showing you how to penetrate the mysteries of your gut emotions with confidence and empathy. In this introductory lecture, a new emotional approach is built. A load is lifted as the persistent loops of emotions that do not serve you are quieted. This step-by-step workshop guides you towards resilience, poise, and grace under stress.
Through this lecture, you will be able to
- understand how trauma and hidden emotions are stored in the body, especially the gut
- use gentle exercises to release hidden tension and trauma
- understand frustrating emotional patterns that cause distance in your relationships
- be able to separate yourself from destructive emotional reactions
- recast your emotions as a source of strength and healing
- uncover the source of your emotions and identity
- understand your own unique and special mission
- cultivate a soulful and creative life
Healing the Gut
We'll place special attention to how your emotional life affects your gut. You will learn to avoid the fight or flight emotions that harm the digestive process. These skills are useful for many digestive disorders and all diseases of the lower abdomen, including IBS, eating disorders, emotional eating, ulcers, acid reflux, constipation, menstruation, infertility, and nervous stomach. Specifically, you will discover:
- The anatomy of gut emotions.
- The effects of stress on your gut.
- How to protect your gut from stress, anxiety and emotions.
About John Immel
John Immel is the founder of leading Ayurvedic dieting website JoyfulBelly.com. He studied Ayurveda under Dr. Vasant Lad and in India. At his clinic in Asheville, North Carolina John coaches clients on the relationship between illness and emotions. John started his career with a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Harvard University. He first discovered Ayurveda while working on public health and service projects in South Asia and the Middle East.
ABOUT THE RECORDING
What is it? This downloadable audio recording is a recording from Joyful Belly's
library on digestive health and wellness, given by John Immel, founder of Joyful Belly.
How it Works Once you place your order, you will receive instructions on how to download and
listen to this lecture. Presentations include a 45 min lecture followed by Q&A to give you an in depth
Ayurvedic perspective on specific disorders.
In the Presentation Presentations are easy to understand for the layperson but comprehensive for
health practitioners. By the end of the presentation, you will learn the following skills
- A simple, easy to understand, basic introduction to the class topic.
- A comparison of Ayurvedic & western strategies on the disorder.
- Information on related symptoms and causes from an Ayurvedic perspective.
- Food, nutrition, diet, herbs & lifestyle therapies for prevention and restoration of balance.
- Natural home remedies, tips, tricks and advice to improve your health and wellness.
- A thorough guide to help you discover and learn your path to self healing.