How to Make Sweet Potato & Chipotle Quesadillas
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
1. Deseed and finely chop chipotle, combine with yogurt, salt and lime juice to make sauce and set aside.
2. Peel and chop sweet potato, add to boiling water and cook for 20 minutes, strain and mash.
3. Meanwhile, slice the onion and bell pepper and stir fry in a hot pan with ghee, paprika, cayenne and cumin for 8 minutes.
4. Add chopped kale and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Take a tortilla wrap and place it in a non stick frying pan, spread a layer of sweet potato mash on one half and top with vegetables, a crumble of feta and some chipotle sauce.
6. Fold the tortilla in half and heat on medium for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden and crispy.
7. Serve, enjoy, repeat!
How Can Sweet Potato & Chipotle Quesadillas Make You Feel Great?
WHY SHOULD YOU EAT AYURVEDICALLY?Eating Ayurvedically makes you feel nourished and energized. An Ayurvedic diet is tailored to your individual body type and the specific imbalances you are working with at any given time. Foods that supplement your specific body type’s needs and digest easily create your menu. Watch as you eat less but feel more satisfied because what you are eating truly nourishes you. Since Ayurveda believes all disease begins in the digestive tract, food is your first medicine. By eating a healthy diet that’s ideal for your body, you experience optimal health.
Is Sweet Potato & Chipotle Quesadillas Good for Me?
Experiences are PersonalExperiences vary according to the person and constitution. Individual results may vary. The list of actions below has not be approved by the FDA and should not be used to treat a medical condition.
Energy Vitality Strength:
SATISFIES-STOMACHProvides a sense of gratification and fullness in the stomach.
Heart & Circulation:
CARDIAC-STIMULANTHerbs that increase the heart rate. Useful in cardiovascular health, blood stagnation, and subjective feeling of heaviness in the chest area.
Mind, Stress & Sleep:
GROUNDINGEncourages feelings of stability and heaviness. Makes you feel settled, mentally relaxed. Mildly sedates the nervous system to ease stress. Can bring a spacey or anxious person back to earth.
Skin Care & Beauty:
DIAPHORETICAn herb that induces sweating, often by dilating blood vessels close to the skin.
Are you struggling with your health?Learn how to feel your best by balancing your diet in just a week.
How to Use Food AyurvedicallyHOW DOES EATING AYURVEDICALLY MAKE YOU FEEL?
Eating Ayurvedically makes you feel nourished and energized. Food digests with ease when right for your body type (dosha). Healthy digestion is seen as the cornerstone of well-being in Ayurveda. Healthy digestion generally prevents illness. If you do get sick, a strong digestive fire reduces the severity of illness and increases your resilience. It also improves your mood. Once you begin eating Ayurvedically, you will feel refreshed, vital and strong.
View Other Recipes for
This recipe is recommended for Autumn-Winter. Check out these other Autumn-Winter recipes here.